Compassionate Dental Care! Always on the MOVE!
- We provide preventive dental care to those who find it difficult getting to a dental office by going directly into homes and care centers.
- Seniors living at home, in a retirement home or long-term care facility
- Adults and children with special needs; including autism, Alzheimer, Dementia and any physical or mental challenges
- Anyone who avoids going to the dental office due to phobias, dental office smells or any other reason
- We provide care bedside, your reclining chair or wheelchair while in the comfort of your home.
- Until Roving Dental Hygiene, there was no option for bedside dental care in the area. This practice was created and developed to meet the oral needs of our varied population.
- Our vision is to provide affordable, accessible clinical care to everyone in our community.
Everyone Should Enjoy the Benefits of Good Oral Health
• Increased comfort, quality of life, and self-confidence
• Freedom from pain
• Ability to enjoy a healthy, well-rounded diet
• Better control of diabetes
• Decreased risk of aspiration pneumonia
• Reduced frequency and severity of rheumatoid arthritis flare-ups
• Better overall health
Dental Hygiene Care for those with Disabilities
- Individuals with physical disabilities may have problems getting into the dental chair.
- Learning disabilities may become overanxious at the thought of going to the dental office or may need extra reassurance.
- People suffering from severe medical problems may need extra precautions or care.
- We are able to take account of all these issues when providing dental care in the home, group home or facility.
Schedule a professional dental hygiene care appointment today!
Our Core Services
• Complete oral hygiene care following strict guidelines outlined by Public Health of Ontario (PHO), Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) and College of Dental Hygienist of Ontario (CDHO) for the delivery, sterilization, and transportation of the mobile dental equipment and instruments.
• Services provided
- oral cancer exam
- stain removal
- stop cavities from progressing using Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF) which is an antimicrobial liquid that can be brushed on cavities to stop tooth decay — painlessly.
- temporary fillings
- fluoride varnish application to reduce the risk of developing cavities
- brushing instructions specifically coordinated with caregivers
• Communication with family
• We can coordinate referrals with local dentists if the need arises
• We can help with insurance benefits and submit claims. Accept ODSP and Healthy Smiles
• Although our fees follow the Ontario Dental Hygienist Fee Guide, you can anticipate $100-180 per hourly visit. This is based on time and procedures performed.
Good Oral Health is Important at Every Stage of Life
- The need for good oral health continues as a person ages, becomes chronically ill or moves to a long-term care residence.
- Many older adults, especially those who rely on others for care, have poor oral hygiene and high rates of oral disease.
- Oral diseases can cause pain, discomfort, difficulties chewing and swallowing, and are also associated with heart and lung diseases, diabetes, and stroke.
- Professional dental hygiene services, coupled with good daily oral hygiene habits, can reduce the risk of these health complications.